HAPPY PROGRAM HUMPDAY


Officially over the midway mark of the program now! Specifically, we're at Day 44/84 and nestled in Week 7 of the 12 weeks. 


This start-hard-finish-easy approach is really doing wonders for my morale. After finishing the hardest and most rigid portion of the program that was Blitz (25 grams of blueberries, protein oats and Quest Bars do WONDERS for your sanity, I'm telling you.), the Burn phase has been nothing short of wonderful as a stark comparison.


Credit: Me.me

Baked sweet potato fries, chickpeas, tomatoes, pumpkin mash, yummy seafood stews, moreish prawn curries, Quest Bar remake adventures... Maybe my standards are low now because of how crazy tough the first month was, but I'm really enjoying these sexy starches a helluva ton. 

Mentally, the knowledge that I got through and more than survived the Blitz phase and that it will only get easier from here (and closer to normal life) is really keeping me going and reminding me to stay the course.

Naturally, there have been days when I really craved a croissant, wanted to sink my teeth into a delicious bowl of noodles or wanted to dive straight into a jumbo bag of Cheetos or jelly babies. There have been days when I was pretty damn annoyed at not being able to eat simple bread just like a normal person, but once I have one of my yummy meals, I pretty much forget about my whingeing.  


Credit: Pinterest 

Another thing that's changed is my hunger levels. In the Blitz phase, I was really struggling with finishing all my meals because they were so nutrient-dense (remember those crazy chicken breast and broccoli days?) and massive in volume. But as my body has adapted to embracing this amount of volume, I find myself actually grappling with hunger and having to eat additional half meals to fill up. All that's a good thing because I truly believe it's a sign that my metabolism has really revved itself up and I'm now able to take in more food, have my body maintain metabolic flexibility and yet, still be able to maintain my physique and perform optimally at my workouts at the gym. 

Vrooming my way to the finish line - lez do diz!

Comments

Popular Posts