COOKIE MONSTER: QUEST BAR OREOS


While we were grocery shopping today and I was busy loading my basket with chicken breast, sweet potatoes, beef, unsweetened almond milk and cauliflower, the husband added in THREE packs of Oreos for himself.

Talk about keeping marital harmony.

I kid, of course. But naturally I had my mind on those glorious cookie sandwiches all afternoon and had to make one for myself. Enter the process of Questifying a Quest Bar.

These took just a couple of minutes to throw together and they really filled the gaping soft-cookie-sized hole in my ketosis'ed heart with lots of protein warmth. 

(If you really want Oreo aesthetics, go for the Rocky Road or Double Chocolate Chunk flavors, but I had a Mocha Chocolate Chip bar on hand, so that's what I went for)

Quest Bar Protein Oreos
(Makes 2 cookie sandwiches)

Ingredients:
- Quest Bar of choice
- 8g vanilla protein powder of choice (I used Vega vanilla Protein & Greens)
- 20g unsweetened almond milk

Method:
1. Preheat oven up to 250F/120C. 
2. Chop Quest Bar into 4s and place on parchment paper
3. Bake for 5 minutes to soften. (If you're using a microwave oven, just 30 seconds is enough)  
4. While bar pieces are baking, combine the protein powder and almond milk to make filling. Adjust the amount of liquid added to thte each piece into a cookie round. 
6. Top two cookie rounds with vanilla protein filling and press remaining cookie rounds on top to make a sandwich.
7. Return to oven and bake for another 5 minutes.

You can fill these cookie sandwiches with all-natural nut butters, PB2, homemade nutella (just blitz roasted hazelnuts, cacao powder and a tinge of raw honey in a food processor), protein froyo, protein ice-cream... so many possibilities! 

Comments

Popular Posts