D-1: THE LAST SUPPER


With just one last day to the program, today has been a massive Jekyll & Hyde kind of day. 

On the one hand, clamoring to shove a memorable Last Supper (or lunch/dinner/whatever-just-get-into-my-mouth) into my belly before 12 challenging weeks. 

And on the other, mapping out next week's meals, grocery shopping, sorting out my supplements, meal prepping and getting all sorts of creative with food storage with my limited tupperware collection and even more limited kitchen space in our tiny apartment.

In all honesty, it's probably not very healthy to cram all these naughty foods in just before a program that is meant to yank (yes, I don't think there's much subtle gentleness involved in this process) me back onto the path of balance and reset my eating habits, but heck. If anything, it will yield me an even more dramatic Before & After shot. Trust me, the first set of pics was even more savage a reality check than my Dexa scan results. 


Saying goodbye to carbs (my daily percentage allocation for the first month is only 6.5%) meant that for the first time, I teetered closer to the sushi rolls than the sashimi, because, well, who doesn't want what they can't have for a. very. long. time? Definitely picked the wrong spot for this last lunch with Rach because when the shared entree platter arrived with all its glorious steak, grilled salmon and scallops, mushrooms sauteed in butter, and miso chicken, I might or might not have exclaimed: Isn't this TOO MUCH PROTEIN for a last supper - Where my CARBS at?!!


I did calm down when the dessert platter arrived. That Hokkaido soft serve racked up some solid bad carb points, refined sugar et al. 


Before my coach has a aneurysm, this was also a shared platter. It's also not my usual choice of poison, since I don't even have a sweet tooth, but you do what you need to do when you wanna go out in a (bad) bang.

So tomorrow, we bid adieu to carbs and dive headlong into the Blitz phase. Hello Tupperware, see you on the other side!

Comments

Popular Posts