D DAY


Day 1 in the bag!

It might sound a little crazy and I'm pretty sure I'll be eating my words (and maybe my arm) in a couple of days, but I'm actually relieved to be eating nutrient-dense foods, and cutting out the processed stuff and sugar after three whole months of complete junking. There is only so much bingeing you can do before your body naturally starts to feel like all this crap you're feeding it is revolting, which only shows me that this overeating behavior is really a habit that I built up over time voluntarily, not a need I was fulfilling. My body was probably really craving to be nourished by nutrient-dense natural foods, so it can function more optimally, but because all I fed it was junk, it really had no choice but to become a clunker of a sputtering car that had crap fuel pumped into it. 

In a very roundabout way, that's me saying YES to the menu for the next four days. 

I've decided to rotate once every 4 days between the 3 meal plans I was given. That way, I won't be stressed out about meal-prepping every night for the next day. 

Oh! Another thing that struck me as I was packing and tupperwaring the shit out of my food was: OMG, this is SO much food! How am I ever going to finish this??

But I guess this is what happens when you fuel up with nutrient-dense foods instead of cheese puffs that are essentially air, oil, questionable flavorings and whatever food coloring gives you that quintessential neon orange you lick off your fingers. You can eat a ton more of it for the same amount of calories and better macros than afore-mentioned cheese puffs. 

So I never ever felt I was hungry throughout the entire day. Pacing it out over 4 meals and 1 snack also helped regulate my eating, and it always seemed like the next meal was right around the corner. 

(Plus, you should have seen my face light up when I discovered the avocado I'd forgotten to have with meal numero dos. Like a kid at Christmas, I kid you not.)

I've also never eaten breakfast before 10.30am and making myself consume hardboiled eggs, asparagus and sous vide turkey breast slices at 9am — straight after my workout and the shower — felt quite weird. But I also know that weird is going to be a feeling I'll be experience more than a few times during these 12 weeks, so I'm just going to roll with it!

Comments

Popular Posts